What is BuddyBet?
We’re buddy glad you asked.
It’s been a long-time coming, but we’ve finally created an interactive platform where friends can hold each other accountable when wagering something. Sorry, did we say something? We mean almost ANYTHING.
That’s right. Buddybet allows you to make social bets with your friends on a plethora of things (loving the word plethora) including:
- What your dad is going to eat for lunch
- How late your friend will be even though they said they were on their way
- How many poodle xs will be in the dog park (hopefully heaps)
- How many slices of pizza your grandma can eat in one sitting
If there’s one thing that we here at Buddybet love, it’s good ol’ fashioned banter. Our core business values aren’t so businessy (not a word) at all; they centre around our desire to socialise and hang it on our mates when we win a wager.
In fact, that’s the entire reason we started the company. Let’s be honest, how many times has the below scenario played out:
- John makes a wager with his mate Shaun that next time they go to McDonalds the ice cream machine will be out of order
- They shake hands to solidify the bet as any gentleperson would do
- One month later they go to McDonalds to find the ice cream machine is out of order
- Shaun denies all involvement in any wagers around the ice cream machine saying ‘Nah mate, it must’ve been with someone else’
- John and Shaun grow apart and their friendship withers away like Monty Burns
Now, we’re sure your situation wasn’t EXACTLY the same as John and Shaun, but man-oh-man is it annoying when your friend slinks their way out of a bet (especially when there’s cold-hard cash on the line).
We say – no more! Much like posting your F45 goal weight on socials, Buddybet holds your friends accountable with in-app features allowing users to track and comment on your bet. Your other friends can even pick sides or duplicate the bet if they’d like to get in on the action. It’s super interactive and allows you to place either money or handshake bets.
Oh, one more thing we’d like to mention: we’re putting an end to the gender bias around wagering. Females like to put a cheeky bet on with their friends as well; gone are the days of only being able to bet on the cricket – hurrah!
the app now and join our banter-heavy, discriminationless (also not a word) community. Head over to our socials if you want to find out more about who we are, and what we want to achieve: